COMMUNITY NEEDS ASSESSMENTS
YOUR VOICE MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Add your voice to the growing number of community residents sharing problem solving ideas at CEDA local forums, or participate in an on-line survey.
Why is CEDA Conducting Community Needs Assessments?
When community member groups or organizations want to take action, influence policy, change things around or shake things up, community needs assessment studies are an effective way to find out what people are thinking and how they feel. While information from a needs assessment study is valuable and useful, the process of gathering the information is valuable, too. The Community Needs Assessments will allow CEDA to:
- Gather information about community member attitudes and opinions regarding precisely defined issues, problem or opportunities.
- Determine how community members rank issues, problems, opportunities in order of importance and urgency.
- Give community members a voice in determining policy, goals and priorities.
- Determine community member support for initiatives.
- Evaluate current programs and policies.
- End speculation about "what people are thinking" or "what people really want."