Educational Talent Search
Educational Talent Search (ETS) identifies and assists individuals who have the potential to succeed in higher education and are eligible for the program.
- Youth or Adults (ages of 11-27)
- US Citizens or Permanent Resident
- Court Ordered Youth (ages 13-17)
- Individual from a low-income household (see income guidelines)
- Potential First-Generation College Bound (neither parent has a Bachelor’s Degree)
- At least two-thirds (2/3) of participants must be low-income and potential first generation college students
- Enrolled at one of the participating schools:
- Thornton Fractional North H.S.
- Thornton Fractional South H.S.
- Thornwood High School
- Middle Schools that feed into the designated high schools
ETS participants receive the following services at no cost:
- Academic Advising
- Career Exploration
- Financial Aid Workshops
- Assistance with College Admission
- ACT Prep Information
- College Tours
- Time Management Strategies
- Test Taking and Study Skills
- Self Esteem Building
- Individualized Action Plan
|Size of Family Unit
The Educational Talent Search (ETS) program is administered by Community and Economic Development Association (CEDA) of Cook County, Inc. and is federally funded by the U.S. Department of Education.