Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program (IHWAP)
CEDA Weatherization is a year-round program using state-of-the-art technology to make homes more energy-efficient for qualifying low-income clients in Chicago and suburban Cook County. Weatherization provides safety and health equipment, repairs or replaces heating systems, seals air bypasses and other drafty areas, increases attic, wall, basement, and crawl space insulation. These measures will save energy for homeowners and keep homes warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
2010-2011 Weatherization Contractor List
Multi-Family Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program (IHWAP)
The Multi-Family Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program (IHWAP) is for building owners who provide housing to income eligible residents in Chicago and suburban Cook County. The program is at no cost to the building owner, if 66% or more of the tenants are income eligible.
Where to Apply: Residents must apply for the weatherization program at a local intake site. Intake sites are organized by the ZIP codes they serve. Please bring proof of home ownership, a current electric/gas bill, hard copy of social security number for the head of the household (social security number only for those who are 16 and older in the residence), and proof of income for the previous 12 months when you apply for the program.
|PY 2012 Income Guidelines
*For each additional household member over 8 add: $7,920
These figures are based on 200% of the 2011 Federal Poverty Guidelines published on January 26, 2012 by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Proof of gross income for all household members age 16 yrs and older for the past 90 days.
- Current Copy of your utility bills (light & gas)
- Proof of social security number for head of household only and social security number for other household members 16yrs and older (one of the following)
- social security card
- letter or printout from social security
- Any other governmental-issued identification that shows name & social security number
- Proof of home ownership (one of the following)
- Current property tax bill
- Current mortgage statement
- Recorded mortgage
*Please note: If you are LIHEAP approved, or someone else in your household receives Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Aid to the Aged Blind & Disabled (AABD) or Transitional Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) your income automatically qualifies your household for weatherization with approved supporting documentation.