CEDA will keep our essential services available to people in crisis and will be helping residents and communities who are unable to meet their basic needs.
FsACE is a “case management” program that looks at your needs and builds you a path toward self-sufficiency.
COVID-19 CRISIS RESPONSE
CEDA has added NEW COVID-19 Crisis Response programs to help families and communities.
This new program is designed to support households who have experienced lay offs, a death in the family, reduced wages, children being at home, medical expenses, additional food expenses, and more.
EMPLOYMENT BARRIER REDUCATION PROGRAM
Finally, the Employment Barrier Reduction Program helps people gain or keep employment by funding supportive services to remove financial roadblocks. This program assists SNAP recipients and people at risk of losing housing.
- DENTAL AND VISION services, like dental exams, eye exams, and glasses.
- TRANSPORTATION HELP with car repairs, bus cards, and gas cards
SCHOLARSHIPS for post-secondary education available starting 4/23/2021.
- JOB PREP & COUNSELING including vocational training and job placement.
- FRESH PRODUCE and nutrition education.
- ADDITIONAL FUNDS for your unique needs, like beds, replacement IDs, GED fees, and beyond.
To qualify for all FsACE services, you must live in suburban Cook County and meet the NEW, EXPANDED income guidelines.
To qualify for the COVID-related benefits, you or a member of your household need to be an essential employee or have experienced:
A JOB LOSS, reduction in hours, or increase in household expense
ILLNESS related to COVID
THE DEATH of a household member related to COVID
To qualify for Employment Barrier Reduction Program benefits, you need to be employed, seeking employment, or enrolled in an employment/vocational training program and:
- Get SNAP benefits or part of an active SNAP household
- Be eligible for SNAP benefits with a pending application
- Were removed from SNAP due to benefit time limits within the past 9 months and
are an able-bodied adult without dependents
Call (312) 795-8948. You’ll need these documents; DL or State ID, Consular Identification Card, SS Card for all household members, previous 30 days income. We’ll let you know if other documents are needed.