Last updated: October 30, 2019
You have accessed a website or mobile application of the Community and Economic Development Association of Cook County or one of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, (hereinafter referred to collectively as “CEDA” or “us”, “we”, or “our”).
Use of Site
Our Site is intended primarily for the purpose of providing general information about us and our services and is for your private use. Our Site has been compiled and is maintained by us but we make no representation as to the completeness or accuracy of the information it contains. You should be aware that some information may be incomplete, may contain errors or may be outdated. We reserve the right to add, modify or delete any information contained in our Site without notice to you. We specifically disclaim any duty to update our Site.
Revision / Termination of Site or Services
CEDA has the right, at any time, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, our Site or any services offered, and/or to refuse or restrict anyone from access to any part of our Site or services, with or without notice and in its sole discretion. CEDA will not be liable for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of our Site or any services.
You may use our Site for lawful purposes only and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. You are prohibited from using our Site, or transmitting to or through our Site, any unlawful, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, harassing, pornographic, hateful (ethnically or racially) or otherwise objectionable material, or any material that would contribute to a civil or criminal offense, infringe on any intellectual property right or otherwise violate any law. You will not take any action that interferes or attempts to interfere with the intended functioning of our Site, including submitting or transmitting any software or other computer files that contain a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise impairing or damaging our Site. You will not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity when using our Site, nor will you attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or features of the Site or services, to any other systems or networks connected to the Site, to any of our servers, or to any of the services offered on or through the Site, including but not limited to by hacking, password “mining,” or any unauthorized means.
Viewing and downloading materials in our Site is permitted only for your private use, provided that you retain all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials on any copies you make of the materials. You may not modify the materials on our Site in any way or reproduce or publicly display, distribute or otherwise use them for any public or commercial purpose. Any use of these materials on any other website or networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited, unless approved by CEDA in advance in writing. You may not use any automated means to collect information or content from or otherwise access our Site, including but not limited to through the use of technical tools known as robots, spiders, or scrapers, without our prior permission.
Copyrights and Trademarks
- Site Content. Our Site, design of our Site, and all content in our Site (“Site Content”) are protected under U.S. and international copyright laws. Our Site is owned by CEDA and except for Your Content (as defined in Section B below) or as specifically stated or otherwise indicated, all Site Content including, but not limited to, trademarks, logos, trade names, text, data, messages, pictures, images, video, audio, graphics, data compilations, icons, code, links on our Site is the property of CEDA or its subsidiaries and protected by intellectual property laws.
- Your Content. CEDA does not own any Content submitted by you (“Your Content”). You retain all of your ownership rights in Your Content. By submitting Your Content to our Site, you grant CEDA a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sublicense able and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform Your Content. We will also be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in information that you send to us for any purpose including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products and services.
- Third-Party Content. Content owned by third parties may also appear on our Site, and you should respect those property rights as well. Content owned by third parties available on our Site is used by CEDA pursuant to rights from the third party.
- Use of Copyrights and Trademarks Prohibited. Nothing on our Site should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, a license or right to use any mark displayed on our Site, without the prior written permission of the owner of the mark. The copyright in the Site Content is owned by CEDA, unless otherwise noted. We do not warrant or represent that use of our Site will not infringe rights of third parties. See the User Conduct paragraph for your obligations.
Copyright Infringement Notification
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and specifically 17 U.S.C. 512 (c)(3), you may submit written notification of copyright infringement to CEDA’s Copyright Agent. Such notification must include at least the following information:
(1) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;